Xfinity/Comcast Members: Here's Your Effective Guide to Canceling a Subscription
Comcast is a well-known provider of TV, internet, and home phone services. While the company offers a range of premium Xfinity services, there may come a time when you need to cancel your Comcast subscription. Perhaps you're moving to a new home, or you've found a better deal elsewhere. Whatever the reason, canceling a Comcast membership can seem daunting — especially with the $10/month termination fee. Yes, that means that if you cancel your annual subscription 6 months early, you will have to pay $60 to cancel.
Comcast Xfinity logo
We put together this guide to help you stop your Comcast-Xfinity service as efficiently as possible — and without any termination. In this article we will explain:
- How to Cancel Comcast/Xfinity internet via Phone (takes 45+ minutes)
- How to Cancel Comcast/Xfiinity via Xfinity Form (takes 2+ days)
- How to Cancel via ScribeUp (takes 2 min)
Pro-tip: We recommend that you don’t chat with the Xfinity chat bot. They will make you go through 15 min worth of questions for them to prompt you to call Comcast/Xfinity
Call Comcast/Xfinity via Phone (takes 45+ minutes)
We suggest using this methodology if you have the time — it will be the quickest way (day wise) to cancel your Xfinity service.
- Call 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
- Go through the oral prompts: the auto-agent will ask you questions about your phone number and Comcast Xfinity account to make sure they get information before connecting you with a live agent
- Agent will ironically ask you the same questions that the auto-representative asks you. Be patient and firm and you will successfully be able to cancel Xfinity internet service.
- Ask the agent for the early termination fee to be waived — if they resist, just request to escalate to their manager — at this time they usually honor your cancellation request
Complete the Xfinity Form (takes 2+ days)
Note: This method still requires you to have to speak to someone on the phone, but will save you time waiting on the phone.
- Click https://www.xfinity.com/support/cancel-service
- Follow the questionnaire — there are about 5-10 questions they ask you
- Xfinity will call you within two business days of receipt to confirm your request. We went through this and it takes about 15 minutes to go through this process. If you miss the call, they will call you back one more time — so make sure you answer!
- When you speak to the agent, ask if there’s a termination fee. Ask the agent for the early termination fee to be waived — if they resist, just request to escalate to their manager — at this time they usually honor your request.
Being polite usually has its perks! The call is recorded for quality reviews — when you are firm, but polite, the agents will be more likely to honor waiving your fees. Another tip is to mention the ambiguity in the sign-up flow about the termination fee. Currently, the government is cracking down on companies that are making it nearly impossible to cancel Xfinity tv subscription. By highlighting this, Comcast-Xfinity usually lifts the fee.
Cancel Comcast and Xfinity with ScribeUp (takes 2 minutes)
With ScribeUp, you can manage and cancel Xfinity service within 2 minutes AND be able to avoid the termination fees. No more waiting on the phone for hours at a time! By canceling unwanted subscriptions in literally one-click, you'll be able to enjoy the subscriptions that truly matter to you — and with ScribeUp, it won’t waste your time!
1-click cancellation with ScribeUp - saves time and money!
This all-in-one subscription wallet simplifies the process of canceling recurring payments and identifying unwanted subscriptions. By connecting your Comcast/Xfinity subscription, you can easily cancel (or restart) a Comcast service with just one click, saving you money and time:
- Go to your ScribeUp Dashboard
- 1-Click Cancel
That’s it! So simple and completely FREE! Download ScribeUp to experience subscription power with ScribeUp!