24 Hour Fitness is a leading fitness chain in the United States with over 400 clubs nationwide. Whether it's the All-Club, Regional, or Single-Club membership, when it comes to joining 24 Hour Fitness, it's the most seamless process. However, after a few months of not going to the gym, you realize that you are paying $30 to $60 per month for a monthly run on a treadmill. Sadly, it's not as easy to cancel a membership as it is to join. Luckily, we tried all the ways to cancel your gym membership and timed it, so you can choose the method that suits you best.
24 Hour Fitness memberships shouldn't be difficult to cancel
If you prefer direct assistance, contacting 24 Hour Fitness's customer service team is a reliable option. They can guide you through the cancellation process, provide information on the cancellation policy, and answer any questions you may have regarding your membership contract.
Another approach is to explore the account management page on the 24 Hour Fitness website or mobile app, where you can often find a specific section dedicated to managing your membership. Here, you will likely have access to the necessary tools to initiate the cancellation process smoothly.
Pro tip: If you do decide to cancel, they will offer you a promotional offer to keep your membership. When our team tried recently (as of March 2023), 24 Hour Fitness was offering 30% off your next three month.
24 Hour Fitness Membership: Your Guide to Easy Cancellation
There are multiple methods to cancelling your 24 Hour Fitness including in-person, on the website, and by phone. While you can send a written note to request a cancellation, this is by far the most time consuming alternative (approximately 2 weeks) and we highly do not recommend this approach.
Steps to cancel membership in-person at your local gym (30-60 minutes)
- Go to the closest 24 Hour Fitness gym
- Request to cancel your membership at the front desk
- Either the Gym Manager or the Front Desk Representative will help you do this:
- Personal Information: They will ask you for your email address, phone number, membership number, and birthdate.
- Reasons for cancelling: They will also inquire about the reasons for cancelling — it can be as simple as “I am not interested anymore”
- They will confirm cancellation and you will have access to the gym for the prepaid month that you cancelled.
Steps to cancel membership on the 24 Hour Fitness website (5 minutes)
Promotional deal (as of March 2023) to encourage you to not cancel your 24 Hour Fitness Membership
- Log into My24
- Note: This page shows the promotional offer to keep your membership active. At the time, it was 30% off your next 3 month’s payments (see photo above). If you click Yes, you will need to confirm your contact information by entering your Member number or Check-in Code and your Birth Date.
- Click on My Account (upper right hand corner)
- Click to the Cancel Page to request cancellation
- Confirm your contact information by entering your Member number or Check-in Code and your Birth Date
- They will ask you why you are cancelling and then click Proceed
- You should see a confirmation page that your cancellation request was submitted
- Confirm how long you have access to your club — it should be through the end of the prepaid month
Steps to cancel by Phone (10 minutes)
- Call your local club or the main customer service line at 866-308-8179
- Request to cancel your club membership
- The representative on the phone will request your Membership number or Check-in Code and your Birth Date
- They will ask you why you are cancelling (again, this doesn’t have to be a crazy excuse) and offer you the most recent promotional deal to keep your membership
- They will go ahead and process your cancellation request
- The rep mentioned that membership agreement would expire at the end of the prepaid month
Cancel 24 Hour Fitness with ScribeUp (2 minutes)
With ScribeUp, managing your 24 Hour Fitness subscription becomes a breeze. Say goodbye to wasting time and having to do it yourself (whether it’s making a trip to your local gym or phone call)! By canceling unwanted subscriptions in literally one-click, you'll be able to enjoy the subscriptions that truly matter to you — and with ScribeUp, it won’t waste your time!
1-click cancellation with ScribeUp - saves time and money!
This all-in-one subscription wallet simplifies the process of canceling recurring payments and identifying unwanted subscriptions.
By connecting your 24-Hour Fitness membership, you can easily cancel (or restart) a service with just one click, saving you money and time:
- Go to your ScribeUp Dashboard
- 1-Click Cancel 24-Hour Fitness
That’s it! So simple and completely FREE! Download ScribeUp to experience subscription power with ScribeUp!
Canceling your 24 Hour Fitness membership is quite difficult, whether you do it online or by phone—but it doesn’t have to be! With ScribeUp, you can save yourself time and money with 1-click cancellations!