Want to unsubscribe to Scribd? This guide walks you through the process, whether you're using a web browser, mobile device or the Scribd app. Find out how to manage your Scribd membership and remove premium access from your Scribd account.
Scribd is a popular online service that offers access to a vast library of books, audiobooks, magazines, and more. While the content is extensive, it's important to note that a membership with Scribd is a recurring monthly subscription. If you're looking to cancel your membership with Scribd, you've come to the right place.
In this article, we'll go over the steps to cancel your subscription on the web, Apple devices, and Google Play. I imagine you are reading this article not because you preemptively remembered to cancel Scribd subscription, but rather you noticed on your bank statements that you were getting hit with an unwanted monthly charge.
Although the price of Scribd is only $11.99 per month, often times people forget to cancel their subscription causing them to pay extra dollars to a subscription they no longer use. Below, we also share another alternative, called ScribeUp, to not only cancel your Scribd subscription, but also avoid unwanted subscription bills forever.
Canceling your Scribd subscription made easy with ScribeUp
Your 2023 Guide: How to Cancel Your Scribd Subscription Easily
How to Cancel Scribd via Website
- Log in to your Account on Scribd.com
- Click Your Account
- Scroll to Subscription & Payment Details, click on End My Subscription (or “Cancel Subscription”)
- Click “Yes” or “Confirm” to cancel your subscription (you will be asked three times)
Canceling via iTunes or Apple App Store
Cancel via Macbook or Apple computer
- Open the App Store
- Select your name at the bottom left sidebar (your icon will also appear there)
- Click View Information at the top of the window in blue font
- Scroll down to Subscriptions section and click Manage
- Scroll down to find Scribd and select Edit
- Select Cancel Subscription
- You’ll be asked to confirm your cancellation, press Confirm
Cancel via iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch)
- Tap your name (at the top — it should have a subtitle “Apple ID, iCloud+, Media & Purchases”
- Tap Subscriptions
- Tap Scribd to manage subscriptions
- Tap Cancel Subscription
- If you don’t see this as an option, scroll down to Inactive to ensure it’s there
Note: If you still don’t see your Scribd subscription in the list of iOS apps, this means that you didn’t purchase on your Apple device. You would need to cancel online instead.
Cancelling via Google Play membership
- Open the Google Play app on your Android device
- Tap on your Profile Picture in the top right. This will open your Profile Menu.
- Tap Payments and Subscriptions. Here, you will see the Direct Carrier Billing option.
- Tap Subscriptions
- Tap Scribd
- Tap Cancel Subscription
Note: If you still don’t your Scribd subscription in the list of Google Play Store apps, this means that you didn’t purchase on your Apple device. You would need to cancel online instead.
Cancelling Scribd with ScribeUp (takes 2 minutes)
1-click cancellation with ScribeUp - saves time and money!
With ScribeUp, managing your Scribd subscription becomes a breeze. No more searching how to cancel your Scribd subscription online! By canceling unwanted subscriptions in literally one-click, you'll be able to enjoy the subscriptions that truly matter to you — and with ScribeUp, it won’t waste your time!
And, ScribeUp will help you avoid unwanted charges on your monthly mobile phone bill. ScribeUp sends you timely reminders on when your subscription payment is due and notifications on price hikes and features of your Scribd subscription. This way, you can make the right financial subscription for you!
This all-in-one recurring payments wallet simplifies the process of canceling recurring payments and identifying unwanted subscriptions or recurring payments like Scribd subscription. By connecting your Scribd subscription, you can easily cancel (or restart) a service with just one click, saving you money and time:
- Go to your ScribeUp Dashboard
- 1-Click Cancel
That’s it! So simple and completely FREE! Download ScribeUp to experience subscription power with ScribeUp!
Canceling your Scribd subscription is quite difficult, whether you do it online or on your mobile device—but it doesn’t have to be! With ScribeUp, you can save yourself time and money with 1-click cancellations!